Insights From the World's Most Famous Hacker
Cyber Threats: Is Your Organisation Vulnerable?
KEVIN MITNICK - ONCE THE FBI’S MOST WANTED HACKER AND NOW A WORLD LEADING CYBER SECURITY AUTHORITY - WILL PROVE THAT ‘ONE FOOT IN THE DOOR IS ALL IT TAKES’ TO THREATEN THE STABILITY OF YOUR ORGANISATION.
FEATURING A 'LIVE HACKING' DEMONSTRATION
Cybercrime is the second most reported economic crime and while many organisations still view it is an IT issue – it is not.
Cyber threats are becoming increasingly sophisticated and persistent, evolving beyond the capabilities of traditional security responses. It is now imperative for Executive Management and Boards to take a leading role in managing this risk in order to protect their organisations share value, intellectual property, client information and reputation.
It is crucial to gain an understanding of your organisation’s digital footprint to assess the risk of cyber attacks.
This event with Kevin Mitnick will not only provide a perspective rarely seen – that from one of the world’s most famous ‘black hat’ hackers, but it may also serve as a catalyst for a reassessment of security processes in your organisation – from the boardroom to the basement.
WHO IS KEVIN MITNICK?
As a young man, Kevin Mitnick became the world’s most notorious black hat hacker, known as the “World’s Most Wanted” social engineer and computer hacker by the FBI.
From the 1970s up until his last arrest in 1995 Kevin Mitnick skilfully eluded and bypassed corporate security safeguards, penetrating some of the most well-guarded systems, including, amongst countless others, the likes of Sun Microsystems, Digital Equipment Corporation, Motorola, Netcom, and Nokia.
Mitnick has since reinvented himself as a white hat hacker; utilising his skills as a penetration tester and security consultant. He is now a trusted security consultant to the Fortune 500 and governments worldwide. Kevin and The Global Ghost Team™ maintain a 100 percent successful track record of being able to penetrate the security of any system they are paid to hack into using a combination of technical exploits and social engineering.
Mitnick has been a commentator, security analyst, and interview subject on CNN, CNBC, Al Jazeera, CBC, BBC, Radio Moscow, Tech TV, and 60 Minutes - to name just a few. He has been called before Congress (both the House and the Senate) to testify on security matters affecting the USA.
CYBER THREATS: THE ART OF DECEPTION
10.00AM - 11.30AM // START (SESSION 1)
• Cyber Threats – The Only Constant Is Change: The current cyber threat landscape in Australia. What is the risk?
• Setting the Scene
• The Art of Deception – How Hackers and Con Artists Manipulate You and Your Organisation and What You Can Do About It...
11.30AM - 12.10PM LUNCH BREAK
12.10PM - 1.30PM // SESSION 2
• THE ART OF THE HACK – LIVE HACKING DEMONSTRATION; Kevin will show how multiple devices can be exploited, exposing the vulnerabilities of organisations in an impressive and unsettling presentation
• What Works and What Doesn’t - Preventative measures to mitigate attacks from the board to the basement
1.30PM - 1.50PM BREAK
1.50PM - 3.00PM // SESSION 3
• An interview with Kevin Mitnick - Inside the Mind of a Hacker; It takes one to know one...
• Thinking Defensively - Panel Discussion
3.00 PM // CLOSE OF DAY