The Security Industry Association (SIA) is gearing up for ISC East 2018, held Nov. 14-15 at the Javits Center in New York City.
ISC East is co-located with another conference, InfoSecurity North America.
At this conference, Europe’s top information security event brings its brand of industry-leading dialogue to the United States for a two-day immersive security professional experience. Infosecurity North America attendees have access to cutting-edge educational programming, future-looking keynotes and an expo floor showcasing the latest technology and information security solutions.
SIA is sponsoring the InfoSecurity North America Keynote Stage, the central hub of the event, which brings together high-level industry professionals – chief information security officers from the secured side and the hackers and researchers who can educate the industry about emerging threats.
Highlighted keynotes include:
- A presentation from Kevin Mitnick, widely regarded as the world’s most famous hacker, demonstrating threats to organizations and how to defend against them
- Insights from Dave Hogue, the technical director of the National Security Agency’s Cybersecurity Threat Operations Center, on how to develop a cyber defense approach
- A discussion with industry experts on the cyber skills shortage gap and ways to attract, develop and retain talented cybersecurity professionals
- An exploration of the challenges and advantages of embedding security into the application development process
- A guide to establishing a security governance strategy that allows organizations to say yes in their digital transformation journeys while staying secure
Additionally, SIA Director of Standards Joe Gittens will moderate a panel at noon on Thursday, Nov. 15, on the stage that explores the balance between a collaboration with peer organizations to fight cyberattacks, reputation management of an enterprise brand and expectations of responsible disclosure both from companies to their stakeholders and from security researchers to vulnerable organizations.
To view this article and other security information, please refer to the source.
Source: Security Industry Association