Mitnick In The News
Six Tips for Online Security
Jun 10, 2018 - tozdeforum.hu, by TF Information
(Translated from Hungarian using Google)
According to IT industry projections, by 2021, the cost of cybercrime for our assets and data will reach $ 6 billion worldwide. 90 percent of data security incidents are caused by outsiders, and only 10 percent are affected by internal employees.
Today, in addition to large companies, small and medium-sized businesses can easily become victims of attacks using psychological manipulation when they break network-based networking systems with the deception of internal people and colleagues. By increasing security, cyber criminals can protect themselves from organizations.
Kevin Mitnick, the world's most famous hacker, best-selling author and one of the best Cyber Security experts, shared Xerox's blog tips that routinely include every business in daily workflows.
- Be more proactive than reactive. Be up-to-date with the latest security threats that may affect your business.
- Learn and understand the threat you are facing as a consumer and business man.
- Create a risk analysis of your environment. Rewrite workers who detect security vulnerabilities.
- Make sure your operating system is up to date. For example, if you run only Windows 7, there will never be a high level of security features than if you are using Windows 10.
- Establish and expand your employees' safety knowledge. Test them for responding to a phishing attack.
- Ensure all online web sites, platforms, and network services, including cloud services, and make sure remote access always requires two levels of authentication.
The European Union's Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which entered into force in May, makes security more relevant. Network security is threatened by a number of different factors, so it is important to have a multifaceted approach to data protection. Therefore, Xerox assures the reliability of its suppliers through compliance programs and sends regular customer safety newsletters to keep up-to-date customer relationship after purchase.
To view this article and many other interesting items, please refer to the source.